Sponsored by the Office of the CIO, the IT Titling and Compensation Gap Analysis Project will identify issues related to IT titling and compensation on the UW-Madison campus. While this project is being done in preparation for the joint UW System/UW-Madison Title and Total Compensation Study, there are likely to be issues not dependent on the study which the project will convey to the appropriate stakeholders.
Core project team members are Kevin Cherek (AIMS), Dana Denny (OHR), Lisa Jansen (L&S Learning Support Services), Jenny Kvistad (DoIT Human Resources) and Brenda Spychalla (MERIT, School of Education).
Project complete | View final report
The project will hold a series of input sessions and prepare a report which will include:
- Recommended definition of the term IT as it relates to the Title and Total Compensation Study
- Description of the current state of IT titling and compensation at UW-Madison
- Needs/gaps or pain points related to titling and compensation of IT staff
The project will coordinate its efforts with the campus IT community, campus HR representatives and the Title and Total Compensation Study. The project will also communicate with and update UW-Madison representatives on the Title and Total Compensation Study Advisory Council.
- July 2016: Input sessions
- August-September 2016: Data analysis
- September 22, 2016: IT Titling and Compensation Update and Networking Event
- October 15, 2016: Draft report delivered to CIO