The Endpoint Management & Security Project completed its RFP process in August 2019. The project is currently in a planning phase with members of the campus community. As part of the planning phase the project team is:
- developing use cases for university owned endpoints
- creating an implementation plan for campus
- modeling a campus service offering
- evaluating solutions for personally owned devices
- developing a financial estimate for the implementation project and the ongoing service
The planning teams may reach out to campus IT partners to assist with the following:
- identifying additional use cases not documented in the RFP
- developing an estimate of campus endpoints for licensing negotiations,
- determining department resource needs for campus implementation activities.
The initial planning phase will be complete in Spring 2020. Additional information will be shared as it becomes available.
Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), which UW–System purchased independently, is available for campus use immediately. AMP is recommended as a replacement for Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) on managed University-owned devices, and it is available at no cost to campus units. AMP, configured in partnership with the UW–Madison Office of Cybersecurity, aligns with the UW–System Information Security Program. Units are encouraged to implement AMP now to replace the campus SEP licenses expiring in June 2020.
If you have questions about the Endpoint Management & Security Project, please direct them to email@example.com.
Endpoint Management & Security Project Team