Information Technology Committee
December 17, 2010
10:00 – 12:00
- Preliminaries [ 10 min]
Approve November 2010 Meeting Minutes 
Solicitation of agenda items for future meetings
- DoIT Budget (John Krogman) [ 30 min]
- Course Guide and Open Text – Continued [ 25 min]
(Jon McKenzie & Karen Hanson)
- Announcements [ 10 min]
- Academic Technologies Hire (John Krogman)
- Security Incident (John Krogman)
- Comets (Lisa Jansen / Michael Pitterle)
- CTIG (Rob Kohlhepp)
- MTAG (Steve Hahn)
- Moodle Council (Eric Alborn)
- NAG (Richard Kunert)
- Campus Planning Committee ( Kristin Eschenfelder/Katrina Forest)
- Research Computing Series: LOCI (Kevin Eliceiri) 45 min]
Next Meeting: January 21, 2011
10:00 – 12:00
Location: Mechanical Engineering 2180
- November 2010 Meeting Minutes:
The University of Wisconsin Information Technology Committee (ITC) is the shared governance advisory body, composed of faculty, academic staff, and students, for information technology policy and planning throughout the University.
ITC responsibilities include:
- Recommends strategic plans for University IT resources.
- Reviews IT performance.
- Receives reports from and provides general direction to committees.
- Monitors technical developments.
- Consults with and advises administrative officers on IT budget matters.
- Receives and makes recommendations to establish, abolish or merge IT services.
- Gives advice on the allocation of resources among major IT services and facilities.