Assistant Manager of Systems Engineering
The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing a team of highly technical Systems Engineering staff. This position is independently responsible for the technical leadership and strategic planning for staff devoted to core operating systems and platform technologies for a large Enterprise Data Center. This includes direct management of between ten and twelve system engineers. This position will contribute to developing and administering the operating budget, financial controls and business and operational plans for Systems Engineering (SE).
Ideal candidates will have:
* A minimum of 5 years technical or business experience in infrastructure for IT services (e.g. operating systems and server hardware administration, virtualization technologies, storage technologies, converged infrastructure). A minimum of 7 years to be considered for Senior level.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Demonstrated successful experience addressing difficult situations with peers, employees, or end-users/customers.
* Experience with leadership of highly technical teams such as systems engineers, developers, network engineers.
* Successful experience training or mentoring staff.
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.Apply now