Cybersecurity Operations Center Manager
Are you interested in cybersecurity operations? Are you looking for an opportunity to manage, direct and supervise a dynamic team? Then you will be interested in being part of our team as the Assistant Director – Cybersecurity Operations! This position provides complex computer forensics, incident response, network security, host security and security risk assessment and remediation. This position will exercise leadership in specifying and managing information technology and cybersecurity tools and processes to support security standards for all systems and applications that are operated and managed under the auspice of the Office of Cybersecurity. The Assistant Director – Cybersecurity Operations will implement management programs to ensure the continuous availability, confidentiality, and integrity of information assets owned and used by the university community, consistent with university management’s informed risk tolerance. These systems include the Advanced Threat Protection suite and security tools, various departmental web applications, and many other systems.
Well-qualified candidates must have:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of applicable professional services and/or information security experience and expertise.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience focus in cybersecurity with four or more years of experience in the preservation and analysis of data during a computer investigation
- Minimum 4 years’ experience leading security practitioners in accomplishing work in challenging data, information technology or cybersecurity environments.
- Must have a management oriented security certification. (Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification is preferred.)
- Highly advanced skills and detailed understanding of network design, security protocols and systems administration with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- A solid understating of manual, automated application penetration skills, vulnerability scanning and analysis as well as skill in careful, limited live testing in live production environments. Ability to develop scripts and other facilitative technical tools.
- Experience in teaching and learning environments to include preparing and presenting lectures or instruction in network or information security.
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.Apply now