The Security and Application Support team within UW-Madison’s Division of Information Technology (DoIT) is seeking a Desktop and App Support Tech to join our team. As a Security and Application Support technician, you will work with a variety of campus customers to assist in the planning, deployment and daily support of endpoints in use around campus. This will involve resolving customer issues, documenting changes to devices within a change management system and deploying new and replacement systems for a diverse customer and product base. These responsibilities also include modifying Windows Group Policies, host-based firewall rules, antivirus settings and user accounts.
Ideal candidates will have experience with:
* Technical and business experience in the support of end-user desktops, laptops and peripherals in a medium to large enterprise environment.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Applied or trained skills needed to contend with potentially difficult situations with peers and end-users/customers.
* Knowledge of operating system installation, support and management using at least one endpoint management tool (managed antivirus and other tools such as Active Directory, Open Directory, SCCM, BigFix, etc)
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.