The UW-Madison Office 365 team identified a security issue with Apple’s native iOS Mail app that could expose NetID credentials on the network the device is connected to. Apple is aware of this security issue and has mitigated the risk in the newly released iOS 12 update. Here’s what you need to do: If you use the iOS Mail app, follow these steps to fix it.
- Update to iOS 12. Here’s how: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204204.
- Delete and recreate your Outlook/Office 365 account from your Apple device settings.
If you have an older device that is not on the list as being compatible for iOS 12, follow these steps to fix it:
- Delete Outlook/Office 365 from your iOS Mail profile on your device.
- Download and install the Microsoft Outlook app.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- The UW–Madison Office 365 team recommends that you use the Microsoft Outlook app instead of Apple’s iOS Mail app to access your UW-Madison email and calendar.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the DoIT Help Desk.