Don’t have a smartphone? The DoIT Help Desk will have devices available for loan at no charge to allow current students, staff and faculty who don’t have a smartphone to use the Safer Badgers app. The Safer Badgers app is a keystone in UW–Madison’s plans to safely operate during the spring semester. With the Safer Badgers app you can find COVID-19 campus testing locations, schedule tests, obtain test results, gain access to buildings on campus and more.
The limited-use devices will be available to those who need to use the app but do not have access to a smartphone or do not wish to use their personal device. The loaner devices are limited to the Safer Badgers app and website and do not have general phone and app features and functionality like a commercial device.
- Device checkout began on January 11.
- Loans are open to current faculty, staff and students who need to be on campus.
- Loans will be available for the duration of the spring semester.
- Devices are locked down to access only the Safer Badgers app and Duo.
- Available to those who don’t have a smartphone or wish not to use their personal device.
To request a Safer Badgers device, please fill out this form and the DoIT Help Desk will get in touch with you. If you have questions about the loaner program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or see Get Help from DoIT.