Apple has many new updates, changes and tools of benefit to campus. Attend an Apple Tech Update with Keith Mountin on Tuesday, January 9 to learn about these and what they mean to you. This session will go relatively deep into macOS management and deployment (formerly known as imaging), covering the changes that were introduced with High Sierra and hardware changes that impact deployment with the iMac Pro.
Session audience: Campus IT professionals
You will also learn:
- Best practices for zero-touch deployment for labs and individually assigned computers, and how to sign up for and use the available campus services/portals.
- Critical new information regarding the campus DEP program.
- About the new Apple TV signage solution with a live demo of Carousel from Tightrope media
Apple Update with Keith Mountin
Tuesday, January 9, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
Biochemical Sciences, 440 Henry Mall, Room 1220
Seats are limited. Register at your earliest convenience here: http://go.wisc.edu/0k3ht9
Contact Keith Mountin with any questions you have about this session at email@example.com
What’s new in macOS High Sierra for the Enterprise
- macOS Imaging and Deployment Update
- Automated Deployment and Security with DEP
- Apple File System (APFS)
- Content caching
Apple School Manager/DEP Update (New Features and Timeline for migration)
- Migration Process
- Managed AppleIDs
- Share licenses with other purchasers in the same location
- Transfer licenses from one location to another location
- Automated Deployment
- Signage Solution