More and more of UW–Madison’s institutional data, reporting, and analytical content is being delivered in Tableau. Much of the content that is currently being accessed via the soon-to-be-retired campus Query Library will be delivered by Tableau. With increasing institutional use of Tableau, staff who require access to institutional data, reports, and dashboards will need to use published Tableau workbooks to get the information they need.
Academic Planning and Institutional Research and Data Management & Analytics Services will host three demonstration sessions covering the nuts-and-bolts of how to use UW–Madison’s institutional Tableau workbooks. Topics will include:
- Tableau’s user interface, menus, and features
- Interactive elements that allow users to customize dashboards and reports
- Institutional Data Exporters (IDEs), a specific Tableau format that will be used in place of many existing Query Library queries
Demo: Tableau Basics for Users (and Future Users) of UW-Madison’s Institutional Dashboards and Data Reports
- March 20, 2018: 9 – 10:30 a.m., Overture Room 241A, Gordon Dining and Event Center
- March 21, 2018: 2:30 – 4 p.m., Room B10, Ingraham Hall
- March 22, 2018: 12:30 – 2 p.m., Room 1306, Health Sciences Learning Center
(Content is repeated at each session.)
For additional information on the UW–Madison Data Management Program, visit data.wisc.edu.
Tableau is available for faculty and staff from the DoIT Tech Store.