Please note: UW-Madison is transitioning to the Canvas learning management system (LMS) over the next two years. The plan is to adopt it as the single, centrally supported LMS on campus, and to discontinue campus licensing and support of D2L and Moodle by 2018. See the Canvas Information website for details, including steps to set up a course in Canvas or getting additional help.
Desire2Learn (D2L) is an industry-leading learning management system (LMS) that contains a variety of robust tools ranging from communication to the online submission of course assignments. D2L can support online, face-to-face, or hybrid course models. You can turn course tools on and off so that the tools available in your course are specifically tailored to your pedagogy and course materials.
Students and faculty can access D2L and more LMS resources and plugins by logging into Learn@UW.
Available ToStudents, Staff, Researchers, Faculty
Middleton Building 1305 Linden Drive
- Free, 24/7 online access to class syllabi, grades, and assignment submission
- Web conferencing (Blackboard Collaborate)
- Kaltura and Kaltura MediaSpace video hosting and media platform
- ePortfolio tools to create online resumes and portfolios
- Piazza for online Q&A
- Must be UW-Madison faculty member, researcher, staff member, or student
To learn more or to get assistance, please contact our learning technology consultants via email or phone at (608) 262-5667.
Free for UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff.