The Learner Engagement Analytics Dashboard (LEAD) is a course-level learning analytics dashboard that displays Canvas, Kaltura MediaSpace and Unizin Engage e-text data to instructors enrolled as the Principal Instructor in Canvas. LEAD presents visualizations using Tableau, UW-Madison’s institutional data visualization tool. As the LEAD tool continues to evolve, we anticipate future improvements including the addition of more data from the Learn@UW suite of tools and additional visualizations.
LEAD is part of UW-Madison’s broader learning analytics efforts. More information about learning analytics at UW-Madison is available from the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning and DoIT Academic Technology. As part of the Learn@UW suite of learning technologies, more information, updates and events are available on the DoIT Academic Technology website.
To access LEAD, you must have the Principal Instructor role in Canvas and login at go.wisc.edu/lead. Access the dashboard as well as additional information about LEAD can be found in this knowledge base document.
LEAD is available at no cost.
- Three visualizations of student activity data: Page Views by Date and Hour, Grades by Page Views, and Page Views by Activity Type.
- Ability to filter the data in each visualization using five different filters (Date, Course Name, Activity Type, Activity Type Name, Student Name)
- Includes data from Canvas (learning management system), Kaltura MediaSpace (media hosting system) and Unizin Engage (textbook hosting service)
- FERPA compliant with protections in place around the student data
- Currently available for instructors who are enrolled in Canvas as the Principal Instructor
The DoIT Help Desk provides instructors, staff and students with free tech support and troubleshooting help by phone at 608.264.4357, email at email@example.com and chat at helpdesk.wisc.edu. In-person support is also available at the DoIT Help Desk service desk in the Computer Sciences building. Visit helpdesk.wisc.edu for hours and more information.