Software and load testing (SALT) before deployment can provide you with greater confidence for a successful “go-live.” Software testing can remove defects, increase system reliability, and reduce your application costs. Load testing lets you measure your website’s performance and stability under a particular workload.
The service is available to UW-Madison, UW System, UW Colleges.
- Save money by fixing problems in test, rather than production
- SALT uses proven testing methodologies and automated testing tools
- Consultants can aid in functional, regression and load testing of web-based applications.
- Access to testing software (Oracle application test suite)
- Web application security and accessibility testing (UW-Madison only)
To request online access to the service and accompanying tools, please visit the SALT registration application.
Consider using these resources as part of your application testing cycle:
1. Security Testing
2. Accessibility Testing (UW-Madison Only)
3. Data Sanitization
- Protects sensitive data in the development and test environments in compliance with data privacy regulations
Use of the Oracle Application Test Suite (OATS) software is currently free, however there is a charge for consultation and/or training.