UW-Madison G Suite is a collection of cloud-based productivity and collaborative tools including: Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Sites, Google Keep, Hangouts Meet, Hangouts Chat, and more.
Important note about working with Protected Health Information (PHI): G Suite should not be used by UW-Madison faculty, staff, and students interacting with electronic PHI protected by HIPAA regulations. If you are a part of the UW-Madison Health Care Component, contact your HIPAA Privacy or Security Coordinator with questions about the applications best suited for creating, storing, and sharing PHI.
- Unlimited storage
- Protects your intellectual property and individual privacy rights
- Collaboration with classmates and UW–Madison colleagues
- Accounts are administered by UW–Madison
- Must be eligible for Office 365
- UW-Madison G Suite - What types of accounts are eligible?
If you’re logging in for the first time, you’ll see a welcome message. Since the University does not have Gmail enabled, portions of the message that mention email do not apply to UW–Madison Google Apps.
- Google Drive:
Share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms and drawings. Collaborate in real-time with your team or with your whole school. You can publish final documents to the entire world, too.
- Google Sites:
Work together to keep related documents, web content, and other information in one place, on one site.
- Google Hangouts Meet
With Google Hangouts Meet, you can hold impromptu video meetings on the go, virtual training classes around the world, remote interviews, and much more.
- Google Hangouts Chat:
Chat directly with a co-worker or communicate with your entire team at once.
- Google Groups:
Participate in mailing lists and discussion groups.
- Google Keep
Google Keep allows users to make different kinds of notes, including text, lists, images, and audio.
- Other commercial apps are available to use (especially if you would otherwise be using a personal Google account with these apps) but are not covered by the UW–Madison Terms of Service.