UW‑Madison G Suite is a cloud-based conduit for productivity and collaborative tools such as Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Sites, Google Keep, Hangouts Meet, and more.
Important note about working with Protected Health Information (PHI): G Suite should not be used by UW-Madison faculty, staff, and students interacting with electronic PHI protected by HIPAA regulations. If you are a part of the UW-Madison Health Care Component, contact your HIPAA Privacy or Security Coordinator with questions about the applications best suited for creating, storing, and sharing PHI.
- Unlimited storage
- Protects your intellectual property and individual privacy rights
- Collaboration with classmates and UW–Madison colleagues
- Accounts are administered by UW–Madison
- Must be UW–Madison faculty member, researcher, staff member or student
If you’re logging in for the first time, you’ll see a welcome message. Since the University does not have Gmail enabled, portions of the message that mention email do not apply to UW–Madison Google Apps.
- Google Drive:
Share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms and drawings. Collaborate in real-time with your team or with your whole school. You can publish final documents to the entire world, too.
- Google Sites:
Work together to keep related documents, web content, and other information in one place, on one site.
- Google Hangouts
Connect via instant messaging and video chat with individuals or group by connecting with up to 15 devices. Works on computers, Android and Apple devices.
- Google Groups:
Participate in mailing lists and discussion groups.
- Google Contacts:
Import, store and view all of the contact information for UW–Madison Google Apps collaboration.
A social network and identity service. Helps you connect to students, faculty and staff with similar professional interests or courses.
- Other commercial apps are available to use (especially if you would otherwise be using a personal Google account with these apps) but are not covered by the UW–Madison Terms of Service.