UW–Madison G Suite is a cloud-based conduit for productivity and collaborative tools such as Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Sites, Google Keep, Hangouts Meet, and more.
- Unlimited storage
- Protects your intellectual property and individual privacy rights
- Collaboration with classmates and UW–Madison colleagues
- Accounts are administered by UW–Madison
- Must be UW–Madison faculty member, researcher, staff member or student
If you’re logging in for the first time, you’ll see a welcome message. Since the University does not have Gmail enabled, portions of the message that mention email do not apply to UW–Madison Google Apps.
- Google Drive:
Share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms and drawings. Collaborate in real-time with your team or with your whole school. You can publish final documents to the entire world, too.
- Google Sites:
Work together to keep related documents, web content, and other information in one place, on one site.
- Google Hangouts
Connect via instant messaging and video chat with individuals or group by connecting with up to 15 devices. Works on computers, Android and Apple devices.
- Google Groups:
Participate in mailing lists and discussion groups.
- Google Contacts:
Import, store and view all of the contact information for UW–Madison Google Apps collaboration.
A social network and identity service. Helps you connect to students, faculty and staff with similar professional interests or courses.
- Other commercial apps are available to use (especially if you would otherwise be using a personal Google account with these apps) but are not covered by the UW–Madison Terms of Service.