IT never sleeps. There’s always news to share. Here’s the latest from our digital campus and beyond.
Data Empowered Educational Practices (DEEP) awards microgrant recipients in support of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
DEEP's second group of microgrant recipients span a diverse group of instructional faculty and administrators using teaching and learning data to support student success.
Sep 29, 9:15am via Zoom. Join us for a discussion about the state of research into large language models with Sebastian Raschka, lead AI educator at Lightning AI.
The monthly reports offer a broad view of Division of Information Technology operations, intended to enhance transparency and continuously improve our services through data-informed decision-making.
The new desktop client has been reimagined from the ground up, providing a faster, simpler, more flexible experience. Try it out and explore the latest features and enhancements. Available 1st for Windows; coming soon for Mac.
Our goal at UW–Madison is to ensure that all people, regardless of their ability, can use all of our public websites, applications, digital documents and experiences. Learn about the new policy—and what you can do to help.
Sep 27, 1pm via Zoom. Join the UW Design Community to get insight into the creative process from Bonnie Willison, Wisconsin Sea Grant video and podcast producer.
Welcome to a new academic year, Badgers! If this is your 1st time reading TechNews—or if you need a refresher—here's what you can expect in your inbox each month.
If your fall semester courses offer digital textbooks via Engage, here’s what you need to know—including how much money students have saved on print textbooks. (Hint: It's more than enough to satisfy a sweet tooth...)
If you’re an instructor interested in ordering Engage digital materials for your spring semester courses, the ordering period begins Sep 25.
Students employed at UW–Madison can join our research panel to provide your perspective on websites and apps. Participants earn $25 per session.
Sep 22, 9:15am via Zoom. Join us for a conversation with Lori Kido Lopez, UW–Madison professor and author of "Race and Digital Media," about racial bias in AI design and use.
Campus IT Events
- September 27The storytelling process through video and podcasts brought to you by UW–Madison Design Community1:00 PM, Online
- September 28Using Kaltura to Create, Manage and Integrate Videos in CanvasLearn@UW Online Trainings - Fall 20232:00 PM, Online
- September 28
- September 28
- September 28Data-Driven Excel: Unlocking Insights with Analysis Tools and TechniquesSoftware Training for Students (STS)5:30 PM, (CMC) 2257, Helen C. White Hall
- September 29The Present and Future of Open-Source AI: Leveraging LLMs for Research & Commercial InnovationExploring Artificial Intelligence @ UW–Madison9:15 AM, Online
- October 2Portrait Retouching and Color Correction with PhotoshopSoftware Training for Students (STS)5:30 PM, (CMC) 2257, Helen C. White Hall
- October 3
- October 5
- October 5