UW–Madison provides free online file storage and collaboration service using Box cloud file storage. Box provides you with a place to store, access and collaborate on your files. Please note: The Box service is available only to UW–Madison faculty, staff and students.
Important note about working with Protected Health Information (PHI): Only SecureBox folders configured with the involvement of the HIPAA Security Officer (or designee) may be used when working with PHI. If you are a part of the UW–Madison Health Care Component, contact your HIPAA Privacy or Security Coordinator with questions about the applications best suited for creating, storing and sharing PHI.
- Easy to access, organize and manage your content in a single online location
- Access your files via the web from a wide range of devices
- Collaborate with other users on and off campus
- Ensure your files are stored and transferred securely
- Keep track of multiple versions of your documents automatically
- Organize and share files easily and securely
- Access Box files on your desktop
- Mobile access on iOS & Android
- Turn any folder into an online workspace, then share with colleagues or clients
- Manage the users you share your content with through Administrative controls
- Integrate with many 3rd party applications
Sign up for an account using your Net ID on Box.
- Emeritus faculty