Last updated on August 31, 2022
Zoom is an enterprise cloud platform for video, voice, online meetings, screen sharing, chat and webinars. This enterprise web conferencing and distance learning application runs across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
All UW–Madison Zoom accounts and their meeting attendees are required to use the Zoom desktop and/or mobile application version 5.8.6 or later. This requirement does not apply to individuals who use the Zoom web application. Learn more about this update.
- Easy scheduling, including recurring meetings and integration with Outlook
- Ability to have up to 49 participants on one screen
- Breakout rooms that may be pre-assigned by the host
- HIPAA compliant options (contact us!)
- Waiting rooms so hosts can organize incoming attendees if desired
- Whiteboard technology that makes collaboration agile and fun
- Up to 300 people in a meeting
- Webinar, large meeting, and other add-ons available
- Polling and surveys with immediate results
- Connectivity options across desktops, mobile, web browsers and traditional phone
- Current UW-Madison faculty, staff, and students
- Canvas integration available for instructors