Office 365 is a suite of web-based tools hosted by Microsoft. In addition to email and calendaring features, Office 365 provides multiple online applications such as OneDrive, the Office Suite and additional productivity tools. View complete list of features.
Available ToStudents, Staff, Researchers, Faculty, Departments
- Integrated email and calendar
- User-friendly web interface
- Reserve your email@example.com email address
- Accessible via a web browser
- Secure authentication
- Individuals must have a UW-Madison NetID
- Departments must maintain at least 10 accounts to qualify for a domain
- Departments who need few accounts can request accounts in the @mailplus.wisc.edu domain
- Departments with accounts in the @mailplus.wisc.edu domain will not have the ability to manage accounts via the Wisc Account Administration site
- All UW-Madison students, faculty and staff are automatically provided with a firstname.lastname@example.org email account
- Departments can request a domain (e.g., @department.wisc.edu) in Office 365
- A domain allows the administrator(s) to create and manage accounts via the Wisc Account Administration site
- Add a department-specific alternate address (e.g., email@example.com) to users' firstname.lastname@example.org account. This option is best for individuals who need a department-specific address, but not a separate mailbox or calendar
- Create a service account. Service accounts have a mailbox and calendar separate from all @wisc.edu accounts. They are intended for accounts that support a business role (e.g., email@example.com) or a specific job like that isn't necessarily associated with a single person (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Create resource calendars. Resource calendars can be used to schedule meeting rooms or equipment.