Graduating in December? Congratulations! We hope you finish strong and celebrate all you’ve achieved as a Badger! But before “Pomp and Circumstance” plays, take a moment to walk through the steps you should take before your access to things like email, Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Zoom, Box and Qualtrics changes after leaving the university.
Did you know?
- You DO get to hold onto your memories as a Badger forever. But you DON’T keep your access to things like Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, Box and Qualtrics after graduating.
- Starting with the fall 2023 graduating class, students will lose access to their UW–Madison email, calendar, contacts and tasks after graduating.
- After graduating, you have 9 months to migrate your email, files, etc., out of Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace services (and perhaps reference the KB articles about those topics).
- Beginning 90 days before your account is deactivated, you will receive periodic email messages notifying you of upcoming changes.
- Staying on as faculty or staff, or continuing as a graduate or professional student after graduating? Welcome aboard! You will remain eligible for access to UW–Madison IT services, and will keep the same email address and all of your data.
Walk through the steps you should take based on your situation, see the deactivation timeline for when your access to IT services will change, and find out what you should do next to back up any files and data you want to keep.
Please note the KnowledgeBase article reflects our current policies regarding IT services after graduation. These policies can change at any time. You will be notified if changes occur.