Last updated on August 30, 2022
Provides comprehensive, enterprise-level data center facilities support for UW-Madison’s information technology infrastructure. IT equipment housed in DoIT’s data centers support critical services like CCI, Enterprise Shared Storage, My UW-Madison, Bucky Backup, Learn@UW, payroll and accounting systems. Additionally, the facilities maintain the connectivity of the UW-Madison campus network and monitor other networks such as BOREAS-Net, a regional network that serves UW-Madison and research institutions in Minnesota and Iowa.
- Maintains high standards for security, access control and reliability
- Backup chilled water systems are available in the event of a failure of the main campus chilled water supply.
- Generators and uninterruptible power supplies provide backup in the event of utility power failure
- Redundant infrastructure provides a high level of service availability
- Staff are knowledgeable about operation and administration of “architected, standardized” hardware, application, networks, environmental and software technologies
- Operates in partnership with campus Facilities Planning & Management
- Aligned with campus data center IT strategy
- Data Center space for siting user hardware as a transitional move into shared campus compute and storage resources
- Data Center space for co-locating Campus Computing Infrastructure resources
- Monitoring servers and services
- Incident management
Service Level Agreements can be tailored to specific needs. Rates are based on cost recovery, are economically priced and individually negotiated based on unique IT needs.