LastPass Enterprise is a free-to-use, DoIT supported enterprise password manager that allows faculty, staff, and students to securely store, manage, and share credentials used for university purposes.
- Securely stores, manages, and shares work-related credentials.
- Integrated with Single Sign On (SSO-NetID login) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA-Duo) for increased security.
- Eliminates the need to remember multiple passwords (and the vulnerabilities associated with reusing passwords).
- Works across multiple platforms and devices including Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS.
- Ability to link your LastPass Enterprise account to a free LastPass Premium account for personal use.
- Must be an active UW–Madison faculty, staff, or student to enroll in LastPass Enterprise.
- Must be enrolled in MFA-Duo.
- Must install the relevant LastPass browser extensions and/or mobile apps.
- Usernames for LastPass Enterprise accounts must be in the format of NetID@wisc.edu for provisioning and SSO functionality.
- Intended for work-related credentials.
If you are a NEW LastPass Enterprise user:
- To enroll, go to your Wisc Account Admin page and click on LastPass and click on “Enable”.
- Follow the instructions in the welcome email (it may take up to an hour to receive) to activate your account.
- Download the LastPass browser extension(s) of choice.
- Enter your NetID@wisc.edu in the username field and click, “Login”.
- You will now be able to access your LassPass Enterprise Vault (where you’ll add the sites and usernames and passwords) via NetID Login (referred to as Federated Login by LastPass/LogMeIn).
If you are an EXISTING LastPass Enterprise user:
You can keep your Master Password login OR choose to convert to NetID login (which eliminates the need for a Master Password).
- To start the conversion process, fill out the LastPass Enterprise Login Type Request Form or contact the DoIT Help Desk.
- You will receive an email confirming that the conversion has started.
- The conversion process may take up to an hour to complete.
If you are a NEW LastPass Premium User:
- Available to anyone with an active UW–Madison email address (to confirm eligibility) but you must use a personal email account to sign up
- Intended for use in storing your personal accounts (e.g. banking, shopping, social media sites).
- Ideal for students, alumni, and LastPass Enterprise eligible employees wanting a robust personal password manager in addition to, or instead of, a work specific LastPass Enterprise account.
- LastPass Premium Accounts are separate from LastPass Enterprise accounts and are NOT supported by UW–Madison (meaning you need to contact LastPass for support).
- Sign up for your FREE LastPass Premium account.
- Enterprise accounts are FREE to use for all active faculty, staff, and students.
- Premium accounts are FREE to use for all faculty, staff, students, Emeriti, alumni, and retirees with IT Services (anyone with an active UW–Madison O365 account).