Last updated on June 12, 2023
Our equipment is spread across three campus data centers, making it highly redundant and highly fault tolerant. We could lose one full site and there would be little to no impact on the service.
Object storage is a great option for backups and reducing costs for archives. In addition, many applications that have been designed for the cloud natively work with the S3 protocol, such as IoT (Internet of Things).
- Great for backups and archives.
- Cheaper than most cloud-based S3 options. No I/O charges!
- Local support staff to help with setup and problems.
- Highly redundant and highly available.
- Many applications that have been designed for the cloud natively work with the S3 protocol.
- A valid DoIT Number
- Must be a UW–Madison department and/or employee
- Application or software that works with S3 protocol
Contact us to get started! We will consult with you on all your file storage needs.
|Option||FY23 Price||FY24 Price|
|S3 Object Storage||$0.15 per GB per year||$0.06 per GB per year|
Note: Billing is based on the price/GB/year. We will bill your DoIT Number monthly based on your usage.