Match-up cohort 2018
This fall the UW-IT Mentoring Program will be launching our Annual Match-up 2018! The format of our Annual Match-up 2018 includes:
· An intensive marketing campaign in order to recruit program mentees
· A structured one-year format with clear expectations and outcomes for those in a mentoring relationship
· A series of sponsored events throughout the year to support and grow the relationship between you and your mentee
We are asking all current and prospective program mentors who wish to participate in the match-up to please complete our new mentoring survey. The new format will provide information which will assist us in matching you up with mentees and to update your areas of expertise.
For additional information or questions regarding the Annual Match-up 2018, please send an email to the steering team.
If you know of a colleague or campus IT professional who is interested is starting a mentoring relationship with one of our program mentors as a mentee, please pass along this information and encourage them to submit their interest to the match-up program.
This community allows current and new UW-Madison employees to join the UW-IT Mentoring Program and establish a relationship with a peer that will enhance your skills, knowledge, and experience. Enjoy the freedom to choose a mentor from anyone on campus.
How do I find a mentor?
Join the program today by selecting a mentor from the list below. No need to wait; reach out to your new mentor via email and set up a time to meet.
What happens when I meet with my mentor?
You and your mentor will set up regular meetings and work together to form professional goals, discuss progress, and share knowledge. Be sure to continuously re-evaluate and express your professional developmental needs throughout the mentoring process.
Need help starting your mentoring journey?
Contact the UW-IT Mentoring Program Steering Team with questions or feedback. Join the UW-IT Mentoring mailing list to attend events for additional professional development and networking opportunities throughout the year.
How do I become a mentor?
Complete the Mentor Information Form in order to begin your journey as a mentor. You will be giving back to the UW Madison IT community, expanding your personal and professional network, building leadership competencies and improving the IT staff climate at UW-Madison. A member of the UW-IT Mentoring Program Steering Team will reach out to you and get you added to the mentor list.
As a mentor you will:
- Commit to regularly scheduled meeting times with your mentee
- Help the mentee set and attain career and personal goals
- Share best practices including unique professional experiences
- Establish trust with your mentee and maintaining confidentiality
- Listen actively, offering constructive and meaningful feedback for your mentee
- Help grow the program by informing others of mentoring opportunities, and encourage participation whenever possible
What happens once I become a mentor?
A mentee will contact you to introduce themselves and set up a time to meet. You are welcome to (not required to) bring a Mentoring Agreement Form to the first meeting as a starting point for establishing ground rules, expectations and goals of your mentoring relationship. Each time you meet with a mentee, please fill out the Mentor Reporting Survey.
- UC Davis Individual Development Plan Worksheet
- GROW Model
- Questions for Coaching
- Academic Staff Mentoring Resources
- What is Mentoring?
Still have questions?
This program was sponsored by the CIO and developed by the UW IT Onboarding Team. Contact the
Members of the steering team:
- Sara Tate, Chair
- Paul Oliphant, Co-Chair
- Russell Dimond
- Karl Weirauch