Looking for a rewarding new student gig? If you’re inquisitive and like learning new things, join our Help Desk team as a support specialist!
No prior technical experience is necessary—we’ll teach you everything you need to know. This is an entry-level, student position providing support to UW–Madison students, faculty, and staff.
Our Help Desk student employees span all majors, with a common passion for awesome customer service and learning new skills.
- Provide customer service to users both on and off-campus via phone, email, and chat.
- Assist customers with common tools such as online learning software, email, and calendar applications.
- Collaborate with other DoIT staff to resolve customer inquiries and ensure quality support.
- Anticipated hours per week: 10 (min) to 25 (max) hours per week.
- Flexible scheduling; the DoIT Help Desk is open 7am-11pm during the academic year, so we regularly schedule around class schedules and accommodate any conflicts students may have.
- Learn customer service, technical skills, and teamwork to impress post-graduation employers.
- Opportunity to engage in professional development by participating in future candidate interviews, delivering community presentations on behalf of DoIT, and specializing in one of many Student Leadership Positions.
- Great starting pay at $10.25/hour with the opportunity of a raise to $10.75/hour after your first month working. With training and promotions, make up to $14.50/hour.
- Be part of an amazing community of coworkers and make new friends!
The Help Desk has been operating 100% remotely since March 2020. We have begun piloting in-person operations and expect to begin working in-person at a larger capacity beginning this fall 2021. Applicants must be available to work onsite for the time being; however, remote work flexibility is currently being evaluated for the fall and subsequent semesters.
Application Deadline: Sep 17
Don’t delay! Applications close Friday, September 17, 11:55pm CST. Interviews will be held September 27 or September 30, with an anticipated start date of October 16.