The start date for this series was moved from February 23 to March 2 because of weather.
IT professionals must often share their knowledge in public settings, such as the IT Professionals Conference and the Information & Technology Leadership Conference. Yet presenting in these settings with skill and confidence can be challenging. To help IT professionals across campus meet that challenge, IT Connects is hosting “Presenting with skill & confidence,” a 3-part speaker development series beginning Thursday, March 2.
Topics will include:
- Focusing your message by aligning your business purpose with your audience
- Writing a script that effectively tells your story or makes your case
- Creating slides that serve as visual support for your story or case
The instructor will be Kyle Henderson, DoIT Communications creative associate director and frequent teacher and conference speaker on professional presenting and writing.
- Theme: Presenting with skill & confidence
- When: Noon to 1pm, Mar 2, Apr 11, Apr 19. Missed a session? No worries! You can still join us for the remaining sessions.
- Where: Remote via Zoom
- Cost: Free
- Audience: All (staff and students)
Registration note: entering your email address formatted as email@example.com may result an error stating “This meeting is for authorized registrants only. Please enter another email address.” If this happens to you, enter your email formatted as firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
This promises to be an informative and fun series. For further questions, reach out to Amanda Thornton at email@example.com. Join us to enhance this important skill!
View the recordings
Session 1. (Session 1 audio description)