Antivirus software is used to prevent, detect and remove malicious software. UW–Madison provides free antivirus software (Symantec Antivirus) to students, faculty, and staff.
- Helps detect and remove viruses from your computer
- Free antivirus software provided to you by the university
- Using the UW recommended Symantec Antivirus provides you with DoIT HelpDesk support
- Must have a UW–Madison NetID
Please read all instructions prior to taking any actions:
UW–Madison recommends you use the free Symantec Antivirus software. It helps protect your computer and detects and removes existing malicious software.Unlike your existing antivirus software, it also provides you with DoIT HelpDesk support.
- Install only one antivirus program on your computer. Having multiple antivirus programs on one computer can cause conflicts.
- Always uninstall the antivirus software that came on your computer before installing the University’s Symantec Antivirus.
- If you choose to keep the antivirus that came with your computer, verify that your antivirus software version is up to date. Versions expire and stop providing updates which leave you vulnerable to virus threats.
- Download and install Symantec Antivirus software from the Campus Software Library using your NetID and password. Be sure to configure your computer to automatically update your virus definitions daily
- If you have already downloaded and installed Symantec Antivirus, you simply need to do a scan of your files; you do not need to download additional software. See Symantec Endpoint Protection – Detecting and Removing Spyware for more details.
Licensed for installation on devices owned by the UW–Madison and on devices owned by UW–Madison faculty, staff, and students. Use must cease when the faculty member, staff member, or student leaves the University.
Faculty and staff: check with your department IT administrator before installing any of these products.
- When departmental IT administrators log onto the Campus Software Library and visit the Symantec AntiVirus and Anti-Spyware Endpoint Protection page, they will see additional software downloads, including all management components. If you're IT staff and you don't see those additional downloads, please email your NetID to email@example.com.