Last updated on March 9, 2023
Bucky Backup is a flexible backup and recovery solution that utilizes IBM’s Spectrum Protect.
- Fully supported and managed backup service
- Safeguards to ensure backups are running properly
- Easy to recover lost data and files
- Reliable, state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Customizable backup settings
- Automatic scheduler
- Easy-to-use interface
- Complete feature comparison of all Bucky Backup service options
- Must be a UW–Madison faculty or staff member. To set up Bucky Backup you will need a valid DoIT Number (preferred), Project Task, or UDDS code.
Rates are based on the amount of megabytes of backup space used per month (approximate cost in gigabytes per year is also shown). New rates effective January 1, 2018.
|Option||Price/Megabytes used per month|
|Lite||$.0000163/MB (approximately $0.20/GB/year)|
|Enterprise||$.00013515/MB (approximately $1.6575/GB/year)|
|Archive||$ .00000814/MB (approximately $0.10/GB/year)|
- Bucky Backup Lite – Affordable, managed backup that is great for backing up files, computers, applications and departmental servers
- Bucky Backup Enterprise – Managed backup for enterprise applications and mission critical data
- Bucky Backup Archive – Cost-effective, long-term archival storage