Bucky Backup is a flexible backup and recovery solution that utilizes IBM’s Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM).
Available ToStaff, Researchers, Faculty
- Fully supported and managed backup service
- Safeguards to ensure backups are running properly and on time
- Easy to recover lost data and files
- Reliable, state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Customizable backup settings
- Automatic scheduler
- Easy-to-use interface
- Restore your computer with Cristie Bare Machine Recovery
- Complete feature comparison of all Bucky Backup service options
- Must be a UW-Madison faculty or staff member. To set up Bucky Backup you will need a valid DoIT Number (preferred), Project Task, or UDDS code.
Rates are based on the amount of megabytes* (backup space) used per month. Prices in the following chart have been converted to gigabytes.
*Monthly prices per MB are:
Lite: $.00003255/MB (approximately $0.40/GB/year)
Enterprise: $.000304/MB (approximately $3.73/GB/year)
Archive: $ .00000814/MB (approximately $0.10/GB/year)
- Bucky Backup Lite – Affordable, managed backup that is great for backing up files, computers, applications and departmental servers
- Bucky Backup Enterprise – Managed backup for enterprise applications and mission critical data
- Bucky Backup Archive – Cost-effective, long-term archival storage