- Identity Finder scans a computer to locate Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, financial account numbers, or other restricted data and helps the user to secure it.
- Scans files, emails and attachments, databases, and websites
- Helps you secure data by redaction, encryption, shredding, and quarantine
- Reduce risk of restricted data loss
- Help user find and secure restricted data
- Helps ensure compliance with HIPAA, FERPA, and University privacy and data protection policies
There are three service options available:
DoIT Departmental Support and IT Security provide full support for all data discovery efforts.
- To use Centrally Mangaged service, you will need to contract with DoIT Departmental Support.
IT Security provides the infrastructure and enhanced support to departments that want to handle most aspects of data discovery.
- If you want to use the Collaborative service, you will need access to the campus Identity Finder console. Please contact the DoIT Help Desk to request an account. Once we receive your request, the Data Discovery Service team will contact you with your username, password, and additional information about using the service.
IT Security provides the tools and some basic support to departments that want to handle all aspects of data discovery.
- If you want to use the Delegated service, please contact the DoIT Help Desk to get access to the installation software and license files.
See the Data Discovery Service Definitions pdf. for info about roles and responsibilities.