As part of the campus security strategy to reduce the risk of restricted data loss, The Office of Cybersecurity offers a data discovery service based on a tool called, “Spirion” (formerly Identity Finder).
- Spirion scans a computer to locate Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, financial account numbers, or other restricted data.
- Scans files, emails and attachments, databases, and websites
- Helps you secure data via redaction, encryption, shredding, or quarantining
This tool is centrally funded and available at no cost to you or your department.
- Reduce risk of restricted data loss
- Help user find and secure restricted data
- Helps ensure compliance with HIPAA, FERPA, and University privacy and data protection policies
Review the Introduction to Spirion document to learn more about the service and the tool.
Cybersecurity provides the infrastructure and technical support. Departments handle specific details such as scanning schedule, specific data to search for, and what areas to exclude. Certain areas, such as system files and appdata, are generally excluded they rarely contain sensitive data and often trigger false positive results.
- To use Spirion under this model, you will need access to the campus Spirion console. Please review the KB article Requesting Access to the Console to request a console account.
- Once we receive your request, the Data Discovery Service team will contact you with your username, password, and additional information about using the service.
- IT Staff