As part of the campus security strategy to reduce the risk of restricted data loss, The Office of Cybersecurity offers a data discovery service based on a tool called, “Spirion” (formerly Identity Finder).
- Spirion scans a computer to locate Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, financial account numbers, or other restricted data and helps the user to secure it
- Scans files, emails and attachments, databases, and websites
- Helps you secure data via redaction, encryption, shredding, or quarantining
Use this free tool to implement the risk reduction strategy for your department.
- Reduce risk of restricted data loss
- Help user find and secure restricted data
- Helps ensure compliance with HIPAA, FERPA, and University privacy and data protection policies
Review the Introduction to Spirion document to learn more about the service and the tool.
There are two service options available:
DoIT Departmental Support and Cybersecurity provide full support for all data discovery efforts.
- To use the Centrally Mangaged service, you will need to contract with DoIT Departmental Support.
Cybersecurity provides the infrastructure and enhanced support to departments that want to handle most aspects of data discovery.
- If you want to use the Collaborative service, you will need access to the campus Spirion console. Please review the KB article Requesting Access to the Console to request a console account. Once we receive your request, the Data Discovery Service team will contact you with your username, password, and additional information about using the service.