Last updated on December 14, 2022
A more effective website or app can help your users access information and complete important tasks. It can also reduce the time and effort required to correct issues and provide support.
Using proven research methods, we can identify pain points and learn what your users want. Our research can give you the data you need to make informed decisions about your website, app, or service.
- Improve the usability of your website, app, or service
- Understand user needs, desires and pain points
- Use data to inform decisions
- Understand analytics you've gathered, learning the “why” behind the “what” of user behavior
- Follow up on insights gathered in surveys or focus groups
Contact the Center for User Experience to schedule time to talk or to ask us questions about the Design Research Service.
What to expect
Design Research projects include:
- An intake interview, done with the person (or people) who can best explain the goals of the website, app, or service
- A research plan, to be clear on the goals of the research and the best research methods
- A report of findings and recommendations
- A meeting to review recommendations and answer your questions
- Expert review of a website based on best practices
- Usability testing and recommendations
- Learn about student feelings or expectations on a topic (discovery research)
- Several other research methods, which vary depending on the project goals
Billed at an hourly rate. Time and cost estimates are provided for each project before starting work.
- IT Staff