The Duo Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) service provides secure access to all UW-Madison applications. Paired with the NetID login service, Duo MFA adds an extra layer of identity protection onto the NetID login. Users can verify their identity using the Duo app, or by using a passcode from a token or fob.
- Ensure users are legitimate at every access attempt
- Verify the trustworthiness of each device used to access UW applications
- Limit and monitor sensitive information exposure
- Secure permissions for every user in any context
- Simple and secure interface for every login
- A mobile device that supports the Duo app to receive push notifications
- Or, a USB token or fob to generate passcodes, provided by the user’s HR department for employees and the Help Desk for Students
Download the Duo Mobile app:
Or, request a token or fob from your Human Resources department.
Duo is a no-fee based service for any eligible campus affiliate.
Eligibility Information can be found in the KnowledgeBase document: MFA-Duo – Who is Eligible to use UW-Madison Multi-factor Authentication?
- First time setup for smartphone/tablet
- First time setup for token/fob
- Request a temporary bypass code
- Reactivate Duo on a mobile device
- Generate Passcodes for future use
- Push Notification Troubleshooting
- Reactivating Duo on a new device
- Generate a temporary bypass code
- Update your security questions.