You can make a web page or app more usable by following established guidelines for interface design. At the Center for User Experience, we can review your digital experiences using these guidelines. From this review, we can offer recommendations to help you focus on priority improvements.
- A cost-effective option for improving a website or application
- A formulaic approach for improving interfaces based on best practices
- Points you to the most needed fixes for your website or app
- Teaches you user experience principles for future website or app decisions
Contact the Center for User Experience to schedule time to talk. You may also ask us questions about the Expert Review.
What to expect
The Expert Review includes:
- An intake interview, done with the person (or people) who can best explain the goals of the website or app
- A report of findings and recommendations
- Supplemental resources, for you to make the most of our recommendations
- A meeting to review recommendations and answer your questions
How we review
Our team uses a robust version of the Nielsen Norman usability heuristics (guidelines), to which we’ve added a basic accessibility check. For a full accessibility review, consider the Accessibility Evaluation service.
We can perform Expert Reviews on:
- Web applications
- Software or digital tools being considered for procurement
Billed at an hourly rate. We limit the review to top pages and tasks. Typical ranges for the total cost run $1,500-$2,500.
- IT Staff