Last updated on April 5, 2023
Integration Platform enables data integration between systems and applications including on‑premise to cloud, cloud to cloud, cloud to on‑premise.
Here are some examples of where the Integration Platform can be used:
- Syncing data from a database to a third-party cloud service on a nightly basis.
- Processing changes from an API (e.g. CAOS) in real-time to update an on-premises system.
- Extracting data from a third-party cloud service to populate a reporting database.
Our Integration Platform is powered by a vendor product called Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS). IICS belongs to a class of products called “Integration Platform as a Service” (iPaaS). The platform caters to a diverse technical audience including those who may have very little integration experience and to those who have advanced development and integration skills.
- Create integrations that move data in real time or on a scheduled basis.
- Pre-built connectors enable reusable integrations to a variety of other services (e.g. Salesforce, Oracle, AWS S3).
- Allows integration of on-premises systems, databases, and cloud-based software as a service (SaaS).
- Design and implement integrations in a web browser using no-code and low-code tools.
- Run integrations in the cloud or deploy them to your own infrastructure.
- Must have a UW–Madison NetID.
- Must be faculty, staff, or student employee.
Please follow this link for detailed getting started instructions.
Basic usage of this service is available at no charge, but advanced or high volume use may incur additional costs for additional infrastructure or licensing for supplemental features.