Manifest is an easy-to-use tool for managing access to resources for groups of people.
Manifest works by creating groups (e.g., departmental, project-based, team, etc.) to which individuals can be added. Administrators can then configure their application or resource, such as a departmental wiki, so that only members of a predefined group can access it.
- Group maintenance, adding and removing users for example, no longer needs to be performed by IT staff. Manifest's web interface allows these tasks to be delegated to anyone responsible, such as administrative staff.
- Users can be added manually or through Data Driven Groups (e.g., all employees or a single department).
- Improve security by removing resource authorizations automatically when a user no longer meets a defined criteria, or when membership expires.
- Manifest allows departments to authorize users to log in to their resources using their NetID, eliminating the need for another login credential.
- Manifest allows department to invite UW affiliates and collaborators who would not may not already have an identity and NetID.
- Manifest group information can be delivered to Active Directory, eliminating the need to manually update security groups.
To get started, visit Manifest.
For more information, see Manifest – Getting Started.
- IT Staff