Manifest is an easy-to-use tool for managing access to resources for groups of people.
Manifest works by creating groups (e.g., departmental, project-based, team, etc.) to which individuals can be added. Administrators can then configure their application or resource, such as a departmental wiki, so that only members of a predefined group can access it.
Available ToManagers, IT Staff, Administrators
- Group maintenance, adding and removing users for example, no longer needs to be performed by IT staff. Manifest's easy-to-use web interface allows these tasks to be delegated to anyone with access to the group, such as administrative staff.
- Users can be added manually or through Data Driven Groups (e.g., all employees or a single department).
- Improve security by removing resource authorizations automatically when a user no longer meets a defined criteria, or when membership expires.
- Manifest allows departments to authorize users to log in to their resources using their NetID, eliminating the need for another login credential.
- Manifest allows for the creation of new NetIDs for UW affiliates and collaborators who would not otherwise have one.
- Manifest group information can be delivered to Active Directory, eliminating the need to manually update security groups.
To get started, visit Manifest Services.
For more information, see Manifest – Getting Started.