Last updated on March 15, 2023
Helping UW–Madison departments use data to create relevant communications and engagements through a variety of media—saving time, improving effectiveness, and removing redundancy.
Training, Support & Best Practices for:
Oracle Eloqua email campaign management
- Event Campaigns (invitation and response management)
- Event Registration Management
- Additional engagement solutions to come
Eloqua is an Oracle product that executes both email marketing (simple mass email campaigns) and marketing automation (multistep, automated marketing workflows). Users can send graphic, trackable emails to on- and off-campus recipients. Recipient lists can be segmented by characteristic or interaction/behavior. Website visits and email interactions (opens, clicks, sends) are tracked in dashboards and reports.
- Locally supported software as a service
- No additional costs
- Customized training and application for a variety of campus use cases
- Marketing automation helps users be more effective and efficient with detailed reports
- Must be UW–Madison faculty, staff or students working on behalf of a UW–Madison department or program.
- A current NetID and login via the SSO is required.
Eloqua Adoption Process
The entire process to take between 2 to 4 weeks and 10+ hours of time investment, per user, on average.
We start with a 30–45-minute discussion to explore your current communication tools, future needs, and goals. Eloqua is not an “out of the box” solution—it requires configuration. This conversation helps the marketing automation team understand your use case and plan around the unique needs of your department or program.
Live, in-person (or via Web conference), hands-on training usually lasts three-to-four hours and includes instruction on:
- The Eloqua interface
- Interaction & behavior requirements in the UW–Madison instance
- Importing and managing your contacts
- Creating emails using the drag-and-drop Design Editor
- Sending mass emails with campaigns
After the in-person training, you’ll work with the marketing automation team to set up your user group’s settings and customizations. This step is essential to ensure your emails’ deliverability, help you comply with CAN-SPAM, and not adversely affect other UW Eloqua users. This includes:
- Email topics & subscription management to organize your content and audience segments.
- Your user group’s specific email footers, forms and landing pages in Eloqua.
- Custom data objects (if needed) to manage the details you upload about your contacts.
Included in campus departmental technology support fees.
- IT Staff