The NetID Login Service provides a simple way to protect web resources by providing a means for users to authenticate with their NetID.
Built on Shibboleth, the NetID Login services allows web application administrators a safe, reliable way to access user data without setting up their own authentication and authorization system.
Application administrators may take advantage of user attributes and grouping data to make authorization decisions, and may leverage single sign-on functionality with minimal setup required.
Please note, if you only need access to Wireless UWNet as a guest, you do not need a NetID. Simply use the guest login.
- Simple to setup and supports all common web hosting environments
- Built on SAML, an open standard available on many platforms and supported by default by many services.
- Easily integrate applications with MFA Duo
- Best practices and consultation available free of charge to application administrators
- Redundancy and high availability means NetID Login is extremely reliable
- DoIT manages login support for end-users, reducing support time and costs for application admins
- Consistent branding across NetID Login makes it simple for end users to focus on content, not cumbersome account management
- Easily integrate Manifest groups to make authorization decisions
- To allow login from other UW System campuses, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the Wisconsin Federation.
- To allow login from other US or international institutions via InCommon Federation, contact email@example.com.
More about NetID
- IT Staff