Last updated on April 14, 2023
The DoIT Departmental Support Windows Operating System Deployment (OSD) Service is a flexible, cost-effective solution that UW–Madison departments may use to deploy Windows and commonly installed applications to departmentally owned systems.
- Updates for Windows 10 and 11 as well as all supported standard software options are refreshed monthly, so the latest version of Windows and installed applications are available immediately after a new deployment.
- Hardware support for all Dell departmental bundles along with many other system types are included, and more can be added on request.
- Imaging workflows include the ability to manually select the version of Windows as well as which specific applications are installed for a given system and can be automated to use the same version of Windows and installed application bundle for all systems.
- Custom workflows can be created for different system types (i.e. staff systems vs lab systems).
- Computers can automatically be joined to Campus Active Directory or to your department’s Active Directory domain.
- USB and PXE boot options are available to begin the imaging process.
- The Windows OS Deployment service is limited to compatible hardware and can only be used on systems connected to a UW–Madison network.
- Review the Windows OS Deployment KB page to learn more about the service.
- Fill out the interest form with questions or to request an agreement.
- Once your department has signed an OSD agreement, DoIT will create a custom Windows workflow you can use to deploy Windows to your department’s PCs.