Last updated on April 14, 2023
The DoIT Departmental Support Windows Operating System Deployment (OSD) Service is a flexible, cost-effective solution that UW–Madison departments may use to deploy Windows and commonly installed applications to departmentally owned systems.
- Updates for Windows 10 and 11 as well as all supported standard software options are refreshed monthly, so the latest version of Windows and installed applications are available immediately after a new deployment.
- Hardware support for all Dell departmental bundles along with many other system types are included, and more can be added on request.
- Imaging workflows include the ability to manually select the version of Windows as well as which specific applications are installed for a given system and can be automated to use the same version of Windows and installed application bundle for all systems.
- Custom workflows can be created for different system types (i.e. staff systems vs lab systems).
- Computers can automatically be joined to Campus Active Directory or to your department’s Active Directory domain.
- USB and PXE boot options are available to begin the imaging process.
- The Windows OS Deployment service is limited to compatible hardware and can only be used on systems connected to a UW–Madison network.
- Review the Windows OS Deployment KB page to learn more about the service.
- Fill out the interest form with questions or to request an agreement.
- Once your department has signed an OSD agreement, DoIT will create a custom Windows workflow you can use to deploy Windows to your department’s PCs.
Please see the Windows OS Deployment KB for pricing and fill out the interest form if you’re interested in learning more!