It’s time to complete your 2022 Cybersecurity Awareness Training. If you’ve recently completed the training, thank you. This annual training is mandatory for all UW–Madison faculty and staff, including student employees, per UWSA Policy 1032 (Source: wisconsin.edu). It must be completed by 11:59pm on December 1, 2022 (or earlier if requested by your area).
Please note that employees who do not complete the training will be deemed ineligible for pay adjustments and bonuses determined by their local schools, colleges or divisions and ineligible for pay plan increases.
The 2022 training is provided through Canvas and should take about 30 minutes to complete. To pass, you must correctly answer 80 percent of the 17 multiple choice questions. The training does not need to be completed in one sitting. You can return to the training to pick up where you left off and complete it at your convenience. You can retake the quiz until you pass. There are 2 training options available:
- Visual training (English only)
- Text training (available in multiple languages)
To start your training, please go to the website Cybersecurity Awareness Training (Source: it.wisc.edu).
How can I tell if I completed the required training?
- Go to http://hr.wisc.edu/professional-development
- Click on “Review Your Course History”
- If you have taken the course less than 24 hours ago, the course will still be listed on the “Registrations” tab.
- Click on the name of the training if you would prefer to add it to your Transcript immediately.
- If you have taken the course 24 hours ago or more, click on the “Transcript” tab.
- “Cybersecurity Awareness Training 2022” should appear under the Event column.
- Confirm that you’ve taken the required training by looking for “Complete” under the Attended column.
- If you do not see your completed training, return to the course you started in Canvas to confirm that both the training and the quiz have been completed. You must take both for your completion to be reflected.