Last updated on April 20, 2023
Provides a secure, self-service private cloud virtual server hosting environment. CCI is the next generation private cloud service replacing the UW–Madison Campus Computing Infrastructure service.
- Self-service web portal to provision virtual servers, adjust CPU, RAM, and storage resources, and manage VMs.
- Secure Windows and Linux server templates based on CIS benchmarks for easy compliance.
- CCI infrastructure is hosted in two enterprise-level data centers; OneNeck IT Solutions in Fitchburg (Site A), and in the Wisconsin Department of Administration's Division of Enterprise Technology (DET) Data Center in Madison (Site B). Benefits include highly redundant power and cooling backup systems, geographic diversity, and high-speed networking between all UW–Madison data center locations.
- CPU, Memory, IOPS, Network, and VM log/history are available to customers at day, week, and month intervals.
- Pay for what you use model - charges are calculated hourly and billed monthly.
- Supports HIPAA workloads.
- Optional managed system administration services (on a time and materials basis) are available for security patching, maintenance and consulting.
- A UDDS code
- A valid DoIT Number
- Must be UW–Madison faculty or staff
|Virtual Server||Cost per Year|
|CPU (per vCPU)||$99.00|
|RAM (per GB)||$27.50|
|Storage (per GB)||$0.55|
|Windows OS License||$60.00|
Virtual server costs are calculated hourly and billed monthly. A typical VM (2 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 40 GB Disk) costs $330 per year.
- IT Staff