Last updated on June 14, 2023
This IT service provides flexible, reliable, and high-quality technology support. We provide technical support and provide IT management and security of end-user devices, applications and related technology for departments across the university using a transparent and predictable pricing model.
Technical support includes diagnosing and resolving issues with hardware, operating systems and software.
Management includes specifying, installing, inventorying, and decommissioning computers and peripherals within established standards, guidelines and policies. Choose from our list of supported devices and let us handle the logistics of purchasing, the deployment and the entire lifecycle of that device.
Security includes planning, implementing, securing, and maintaining in-scope endpoints in compliance with the UW–Madison cybersecurity policies and best practices.
- Expand your IT support by having access to dedicated IT experts with expertise in multiple technology disciplines. An IT professional is available when you need them. We are there to not only help to resolve problems, but to think strategically about how technology can help employees do their jobs.
- Help Desk Support via phone, email, or chat is available from 7am to 11pm 7 days a week.
- Offload compliance responsibilities for policies such as Asset Reporting and Endpoint Management to us. The Departmental Technical Support team will handle this for you and ensure that your department is in compliance.
- Redirect your staff time to focus on valuable business functions instead of providing technical support and routine IT system administration functions.
- Reduce your cyber risk through adherence to IT policies and best practices. DoIT technicians have the experience and expertise to secure your systems and protect your data.
- Terms and requirements are outlined in a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) agreed upon by both parties. Departmental Tech Support provides quarterly updates showing a snapshot of support requests by type, hardware replacement recommendations and financials.
- Fully managed desktops, laptops, networks, computer lifecycles, policy compliance activities, and security tools using an annual MOU which is billed at a consistent rate on a monthly basis.
- Optional node rates are available for printers, tablets, hybrid meeting rooms and Visix digital signage endpoint support.
- Backup support for your existing IT staff. This will require a discovery exercise allowing DoIT to properly document and understand the systems we are asked to support. Discovery work is performed on a T&M basis. Ongoing backup support is billed at a fractional percentage of a fully managed endpoint.
- Need new equipment? Review the selection of hardware available for purchase.
- Unsure which computer is right for you? Review this guide which will assist in selecting from available hardware for purchase.
Pricing is based on the number of active nodes and the services chosen. To learn more, visit the Node Rate FAQ KB page.
The annual node rate is determined by a quarterly count of nodes active in your department. A node is any device in the network that sends, receives, stores or creates information, such as a desktop or laptop. Optional node rates are available for printers, tablets, hybrid meeting rooms and Visix digital signage endpoint support.
Over the next 2 years, the Division of Information Technology (DoIT) will upgrade contract partner computers to Windows 11. Learn more about the timeline and what to expect.
Departmental Support (DS) has approved macOS 13 Ventura for installation on DS-managed customer computers. Testing and validating has been performed to ensure compatibility with the majority of our security and management infrastructure and commonly deployed …
DoIT Departmental Support (DS) will be implementing controls to block and/or remove TikTok from DS-managed devices in accordance with UW–Madison and UW System policy. These controls will be different based on the platform used (iOS …