The Digital Accessibility Program provides free consulting services for UW–Madison students, faculty, and staff in support areas such as disability and ableism awareness, digital accessibility prioritization, strategy, and content creation.
Making your digital resources accessible helps UW-Madison be a more inclusive, usable place for everyone. UW-Madison also follows a policy informed by federal law to provide technology and services that are accessible to all students, faculty, and staff. Accessible digital resources are usable by people with disabilities and/or who use assistive technology.
Request response turnaround time: 2-4 weeks
Response turnaround time is 2-4 weeks depending on centrally funded resources allocated. We appreciate your patience as we support as many university offices as possible with a limited centrally funded budget.
- Learn how to incorporate accessibility into your design and development process.
- Learn web, mobile, document, graphic design, and multimedia accessibility.
- Learn how to plan accessible virtual and in-person events.
What to expect
Once you submit a request, we will contact you to gather to answer your questions or setup a time to consult on your digital resource and accessibility needs. We will:
- Answer any questions we can via email if that is your preferred means of communicating
- Set up a time to meet and do additional consulting based on your request.
- Provide additional accessibility recommendations based on our meeting and connect you with additional resources, services, and support offered by the Center for User Experience as applicable.
Need an accessibility evaluation
Do you have a digital resource that needs accessibility evaluation, recommendations, or do you need vendor communication support regarding accessibility barriers? Contact us and request an accessibility evaluation.
Free quick consulting (usually 2-6 hours based on available resources and prioritization).