UW–Madison general access computer labs, also known as InfoLabs, offer a wide variety of free services to faculty, staff and students. Check out the top 5 reasons to use these versatile spaces.
20+ locations throughout campus
- There are over 20 InfoLabs throughout campus and over 500 computers with hard-wired internet connection.
- Stop by at the beginning or end of your day, or pop in between classes.
- See the InfoLabs locations webpage for a full list of locations.
Free equipment checkout
- Faculty, staff and students can check out equipment for class or personal use.
- Examples: Cameras, projectors, game systems, audio recorders and more
- Most equipment is available first come, first served; some can be reserved in advance.
- Note: Not all locations offer equipment checkout. See the equipment checkout webpage for more details.
Access to specialized software
- Get access to a variety of design, spreadsheet, statistical and course-specific software.
- Most software is available on both Windows 10/11 and macOS operating systems.
- Examples: Adobe Creative Cloud, Python, SPSS, Final Cut Pro, etc.
- See a complete list of software on the InfoLabs software webpage.
Printing for students
- Printing is offered at 18 InfoLabs locations.
- Wireless printing is available at most locations.
- Pay via your Wiscard or printing account.
- To learn more, including how to add money to your Wiscard, see the printing for students webpage.
- Most locations are open evenings and weekends.
- The College Library location is open overnight 5 nights a week.
- To see the hours for a particular lab, visit the InfoLabs location webpage and select the lab you’re interested in visiting.