Laptops and other equipment, including iPads, still cameras, video cameras and audio recorders, can be checked out on a short-term basis at a variety of campus locations. There is no cost to check out equipment and most items are available for three days at a time.
For more long-term needs, faculty, staff and students can rent equipment from DoIT.
Equipment checkout locations at 20 sites around campus
- Free: three-day checkout
- Multiple checkout locations across campus
- Equipment usually available with little to no waiting
- Laptops, iPads, still and video cameras, projectors and digital audio recorders
- Laptops preloaded with productivity software
- Mobile app option to check equipment availability at checkout locations
- Must be a UW-Madison student, faculty or staff member with a valid UW-Madison ID