UW-Madison supports Blackboard Collaborate and Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, two easy-to-use web conferencing tools that enable you to create virtual classrooms and meeting spaces. People at various sites can participate as if they are attending in person. Both tools are part of the Learn@UW suite of supported tools.
- Share live and recorded audio/video meetings, lectures, training sessions, and any other events easily via the web
- Hold meetings, virtual office hours and events with remote participants
- Highly customizable, browser-based product
- Screen, application, and presentation sharing
- Whiteboard and interactive polling
- Public/private text chat
- Mobile apps for access from iOS and Android devices
- Integrated with the Canvas learning management system (LMS) and also available from MyUW
- Must be UW-Madison faculty member, researcher, staff member, or student
- Individuals from outside of UW-Madison may log on to a session only if invited by a UW-Madison user.
- The DoIT Help Desk provides centralized user support.
- To inquire about or request consultative services, contact DoIT Academic Technology via email or phone at 608-262-5667.
- Learn how to get started with Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
- Learn how to get started with Blackboard Collaborate.
Subject to Responsible Use of Information Technology Policy.