UW-Madison supports Blackboard Collaborate, an easy-to-use web conferencing tool that enables you to create virtual classrooms and meeting spaces. People at various sites can participate as if they are attending in person.
- Share live and recorded audio/video meetings, lectures, training sessions, and any other events easily via the web
- Hold meetings, virtual office hours and events with remote participants
- Free for UW-Madison users with full integration with Learn@UW and the My UW-Madison Portal
- Highly customizable, browser-based product
- Screen, application, and presentation sharing
- Whiteboard and interactive polling
- Public/private text chat
- Mobile apps for access from iOS and Android devices
- Faculty can access Blackboard Collaborate for instruction via the Learn@UW integration. Learn how to activate web conferencing in Learn@UW.
- Faculty and Staff can access Blackboard Collaborate via the My UW-Madison Portal. Learn more about activating web conferencing in the Portal.
- Faculty can access Blackboard Collaborate for instruction via Moodle. Learn more about activating web conferencing in Moodle.
- The DoIT Help Desk and Networked Media Services team provides centralized user support.
Students can participate in Blackboard Collaborate sessions, but must have a faculty or staff sponsor to organize and manage a session.