UW-Madison supports Blackboard Collaborate, an easy-to-use web conferencing tool that enables you to create virtual classrooms and meeting spaces. People at various sites can participate as if they are attending in person.
Available ToStudents, Staff, Researchers, Faculty
- Share live and recorded audio/video meetings, lectures, training sessions, and any other events easily via the web
- Hold meetings, virtual office hours and events with remote participants
- Free for UW-Madison users with full integration with Learn@UW and the My UW-Madison Portal
- Highly customizable, browser-based product
- Screen, application, and presentation sharing
- Whiteboard and interactive polling
- Public/private text chat
- Mobile apps for access from iOS and Android devices
- Faculty can access Blackboard Collaborate for instruction via the Learn@UW integration. Learn how to activate web conferencing in Learn@UW.
- Faculty and Staff can access Blackboard Collaborate via the My UW-Madison Portal. Learn more about activating web conferencing in the Portal.
- Faculty can access Blackboard Collaborate for instruction via Moodle. Learn more about activating web conferencing in Moodle.
- The DoIT Help Desk and Networked Media Services team provides centralized user support.
Students can participate in Blackboard Collaborate sessions, but must have a faculty or staff sponsor to organize and manage a session.