Connect to wireless Internet at UW–Madison with UWNet.
The UW-Madison wireless network service provides users with fast and convenient access to web-based services. It is available in most campus buildings, listed as “UWNet”. Users need to select the network and open a web browser to be redirected to the login page. Simply login with your NetID and password to start using the wireless network.
Available ToStudents, Staff, Researchers, Guest, Faculty
- Connect to wireless from most campus buildings
- Uses secure authentication to protect users' NetIDs and passwords
- Login only once per semester
When you first connect to UWNet, you will be automatically redirected to the UWNet registration page. This page will offer two options for registration—one for current affiliates of the university and a second option for guests.
- Users of the Residence Halls Network (ResNet) can access UWNet with an Ethernet connection
- Using WiscVPN is strongly recommended when you access the wireless network