DoIT offers smartphones, basic phones, mobile hotspots and cellular-connected tablets for University use. We can also help you find a device and plan that’s right for you and your department’s budget.
- Order any phone offered by select providers
- Discounts on many phones
- Cellular service is available to faculty and staff for University use only and must follow the University’s voice/telephone services policies. The State of Wisconsin requires the University to purchase cellular telephone service under the terms of the State of Wisconsin contract.
- UW-provided phones are for university business only; personal calls are not allowed.
- Upon leaving employment, the employee must return the mobile device to his or her department.
- You must be authorized to place mobile service orders.
- Register to be an authorized user (must be approved by the Chair, Dean or Director of your department)
- Instructions for ordering cellular service
- Cellular services - Choose from Verizon or U.S. Cellular services and purchase any phone offered. For new and eligible upgrades, rates are often discounted with the exception of Apple devices. Note: Verizon has a 10-month upgrade policy; U.S. Cellular has a 24-month upgrade policy.
- Paging services - DoIT does not support a paging service, but you can order service through the State of Wisconsin non-mandatory contracts.
Forms and tools