DoIT offers smartphones, basic phones, mobile hotspots and cellular-connected tablets for University use. We can also help you find a device and plan that’s right for you and your department’s budget.
Available ToStaff, Researchers, Faculty
- Order any phone offered by select providers
- Discounts on many phones
- Cellular service is available to faculty and staff for University use only and must follow the University’s policies. The State of Wisconsin requires the University to purchase cellular telephone service under the terms of the State of Wisconsin contract.
- UW-provided phones are for university business only; personal calls are not allowed.
- Upon leaving employment, the employee must return the mobile device to his or her department.
- You must be authorized to place mobile service orders.
- Request authorization to place mobile service orders if you don’t already have access.
- Order cellular service
- Cellular services - Choose from Verizon or U.S. Cellular services and purchase any phone offered. For new and eligible upgrades, rates are often discounted with the exception of Apple devices. Note: Verizon has a 10-month upgrade policy; U.S. Cellular has a 24-month upgrade policy.
- Paging services - DoIT does not support a paging service, but you can order service through the State of Wisconsin non-mandatory contracts.
- International travel - To add global service to your device, send an email request to email@example.com. Please allow 5 business days to process your request.
To add global service to your device, send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 5 business days to process your request.
Forms and Tools
- Telephone Authorization Request Form
- Telephone Funding Change Form
- Phone Number Lookup
- Authorized User Lookup
- Update Line Information