Last updated on August 31, 2022
UW–Madison is in the process of transitioning telephone service from Centrex to Cisco VoIP. The majority of UW-Madison lines have been transitioned. DoIT is responsible for supporting all aspects of the telephone service including infrastructure, voicemail and recommendations for telephone sets.
Every Cisco VoIP user will either get a new phone with a Cisco VoIP logo or use Cisco Jabber to connect via their computer. If your phone does NOT have a Cisco logo, you have a Centrex line and will transition to Cisco VoIP in the future.
- Full-service installation of lines and phones in university offices
- Easy to order and manage telephone services for your department/office
- Telephone service must be ordered through a registered user. Please note: orders have a 2-3 week turnaround.
- Register as a new authorized user
- Place an order for VoIP services and telephone equipment.
- If you need to install a data jack, contact the Physical Plant Electric Shop (608-263-3333).
- For campus directory assistance, press “0” on a campus (Centrex) phone or call 608-262-1234.
- Basic telephone line (installation, changes and disconnection)
- Conference phones
- Hunt groups (advanced call routing)
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (call center)
Forms and tools
- Telephone authorization request form
- Telephone funding change form
- Desktop phone users checklist
- Desktop phone users: accessing voicemail
- Headset users checklist
- Headset users: accessing voicemail
- How to set up email notifications for voicemail messages