UW–Madison is in the process of transitioning telephone service from Centrex to Cisco VoIP. If you have not transitioned to Cisco VoIP, this information applies to your current phone service. If you have transitioned to Cisco VoIP you would have received a new telephone with a Cisco logo or use Cisco Jabber to connect via your computer. Cisco users should refer to the Telephone Service (Cisco VoIP) service page.
DoIT is responsible for supporting all aspects of the telephone service including infrastructure, voicemail, and recommendations for telephone sets.
- Full-service installation of lines and phones in university offices
- Easy to order and manage telephone services for your department/office
- Telephone service must be ordered through a registered user. Please note: orders have a 2-3 week turnaround.
- Register as a new authorized user
- Place an order for landline services. If you have several orders, use the Large Order spreadsheet (Excel).
- Purchase a desktop phone
- If needed, install a voice/data jack via the Physical Plant Electric Shop (608-263-3333)
- For campus directory assistance, press “0” on a campus (Centrex) phone or call 608-262-1234
- Basic telephone line (installation, changes and disconnection)
- ISDN line configuration
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) configuration