Kaltura MediaSpace is a cloud-based video hosting platform available to users with a UW-Madison NetID. Faculty, staff and students can upload media content to Kaltura MediaSpace, at which point it is automatically converted and optimized for distribution on the web. Media links and embed code are provided so that you can easily share your media in Canvas, on websites and social media.
Kaltura MediaSpace is part of the Learn@UW suite of learning technologies. More information about Kaltura MediaSpace, updates, events and how to work with the Learn@UW-Madison learning technology consultants are available on the DoIT Academic Technology website.
Kaltura MediaSpace can be accessed at mediaspace.wisc.edu. Documentation and video tutorials are available on the Learn@UW-Madison Kaltura MediaSpace KnowledgeBase and offer helpful information on how to get started.
Kaltura MediaSpace is available at no cost.
- Easy-to-use interface for uploading, hosting and delivering media rich content, including instructional videos
- Simple screen and webcam recording
- Uploaded content can be restricted to specific campus users
- Captions can be uploaded from 3Play or AutomaticSync
- Can handle larger files with ease
- Video content is available for any online device (mobile, tablet, etc.)
- Automatic Machine Caption for accessibility
The DoIT Help Desk provides instructors, staff and students with free tech support and troubleshooting help by phone at 608.264.4357, email at firstname.lastname@example.org and chat at helpdesk.wisc.edu. In-person support is also available at all DoIT Tech Store locations. Visit helpdesk.wisc.edu for hours and more information.
The Learn@UW-Madison team is also available to consult with instructors and instructional staff on selecting and using the right learning technology to improve student success. You can contact us via email at email@example.com. In addition, the Learn@UW KnowledgeBase offers helpful documents for instructors, course owners and students.