Learn@UW is a suite of centrally-supported teaching and learning tools, including the following learning management systems (LMSs):
- Canvas: Canvas features intuitive instructional workflows, improved collaboration, and the ability to integrate with many external tools. UW-Madison is transitioning to Canvas. The plan is to adopt it as the single, centrally supported LMS on campus, and to discontinue campus licensing and support of D2L and Moodle by June of 2018.
- Desire2Learn (D2L): Desire2Learn (D2L) is an industry-leading learning management platform that contains a variety of robust tools ranging from communication to the online submission of course assignments.
- Moodle: Moodle on the UW campus is supported by the Moodle Council and by developers in the Computer Aided Engineering Department.
LMS course access is available by logging in to the Learn@UW Course Dashboard.
Learn@UW also includes additional tools, some of which are integrated into the learning management systems. This includes, but not limited to, Piazza for engaging in online Q&A, and Kaltura MediaSpace for uploading, hosting and delivering media such as instructional videos. For more information, news and events, visit this page.
- Free, 24/7 online access to class syllabi, grades, and assignment submission
- Canvas, Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle learning management systems
- Web conferencing (Blackboard Collaborate and Blackboard Collaborate Ultra)
- Kaltura MediaSpace video hosting and media platform
- AEFIS (Assessment, Evaluation, Feedback & Intervention System) web-based assessment management tool, used for delivery of digital course evaluation surveys and more
- Piazza for online Q&A
- Top Hat student response system for real-time quizzing and polling
- Must be UW-Madison faculty member, researcher, staff member, or student
To inquire about or request consultative services, contact DoIT Academic Technology via email or phone at 608-262-5667.