DoIT Academic Technology’s Learn@UW-Madison service oversees the Learn@UW suite of supported learning technologies that include the following:
- Canvas: This learning management system (LMS) is campus’ single, centrally supported LMS. The other tools listed all integrate with Canvas to provide a streamlined user experience for instructors and students. A growing number of tools are integrated to work with Canvas and are listed in this KnowlegeBase document.
- Kaltura MediaSpace: The video management service platform allows users to upload, organize, stream, embed and share audio and video materials. Kaltura CaptureSpace Lite offers recording capabilities for media that can be uploaded to Kaltura MediaSpace.
- AEFIS (Assessment, Evaluation, Feedback & Intervention System): This web-based assessment management solution is used to provide campus-wide digital course evaluation survey tools, course syllabi and more.
- Top Hat: The mobile device-based student response system (SRS) can help instructors engage students in the classroom with polls, quizzes, bias assessments and more.
- Blackboard Collaborate: A web conferencing tool that is used for a wide array of synchronous learning experiences including off-campus guest speakers, virtual office hours, group collaboration and online lectures.
- Piazza: Focused on student-to-student interaction, Piazza is a modern discussion platform. Students post their questions, other students respond and instructors endorse answers to keep the class on track.
- Learn@UW learning technologies are centrally supported by the Learn@UW-Madison team
- Learn@UW-Madison team is available to help instructors choose the best tool to fit their needs
- All tools are integrated with the Canvas learning management system
To inquire about or request consultative services, contact DoIT Academic Technology via email or phone at 608-262-5667.
To learn more about the available learning technologies on campus, refer to this guide.