A campus supported course dashboard designed to allow faculty and staff easy access to campus supported course learning management systems and plugins. Login to Learn@UW to access the following LMS.
- Canvas – Canvas features intuitive instructional workflows, improved collaboration, and the ability to integrate with many external tools. UW-Madison is transitioning to Canvas over the next two years. The plan is to adopt it as the single, centrally supported LMS on campus, and to discontinue campus licensing and support of D2L and Moodle by 2018.
- Desire2Learn (D2L) – The Desire2Learn (D2L) Learning Environment is an industry-leading learning management platform that contains a variety of robust tools ranging from communication to the online submission of course assignments.
- Moodle – Moodle on the UW campus is supported by the Moodle Council and by developers in the Computer Aided Engineering Department.
Learn@UW also offers additional tools that plug into D2L and Moodle including (but not limited to) Piazza for engaging in online Q&A, and Kaltura for uploading, hosting and delivering media such as instructional videos.
Middleton Building 1305 Linden Drive
- Free, 24/7 online access to class syllabi, grades, and assignment submission
- Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle learning platforms
- Web conferencing (Blackboard Collaborate)
- Kaltura and Kaltura MediaSpace video hosting and media platform
- ePortfolio tools to create online resumes and portfolios
- Piazza for online Q&A
- Must be UW-Madison faculty member, researcher, staff member, or student
To inquire about or request consultative services, contact DoIT Academic Technology via email or phone at 608-262-5667.