Faculty and staff have access to a variety of technology classes to stay current on software programs. Check out the following training opportunities available.
- Free online software training through Lynda.com
- New Horizons off-campus face-to-face classes, UW-Madison’s training partner
- Directions Training off-campus or virtual classes, State of Wisconsin’s training partner
- Authorized Agent Network Tool Suite (AANTS) Online Training available through campus’s Self Registration system (directions available here)
In addition, instructors can work with Software Training for Students to help students learn software that will be used for a course. Trainers design and deliver custom technology workshops as part of the curriculum.
- Free and affordable training options
- Large selection of technology courses
- Online courses available 24/7
- Custom workshops and classes
Want to take a class?
- Browse off-campus face-to-face classes through New Horizons, UW-Madison’s training partner
- Find off-campus and virtual classes through Directions Training, the State of Wisconsin’s training partner
- Take an online technology classes through Lynda.com
Are you an instructor who would like a custom workshop for your students?
Software Training for Students work with instructors to design and deliver custom technology workshops as part of the curriculum.
Are you looking for enterprise software training?
As campus introduces new enterprise software, trainings will be offered through DoIT on an as-needed-basis
Do you want to have access to the Authorized Agent Network Tool Suite (AANTS)?
Online training is provided through the campus’s Self Registration feature so that UW-Madison staff members can learn the proper cable management techniques and processes for the AANTS software used to manage network services. Please refer to this KB doc for instructions on for how to access Self Registration courses in Desire2Learn and find the training, which is listed as “Authorized Agent Training.” Or log into Learn@UW and then click here to go directly to the list of Self Registration courses (the link will not work until you log into Learn@UW).
Through UW-Madison’s contract, Lynda.com online trainings are free to students, faculty and staff.
Faculty and staff can take in-person training through New Horizons and Directions Training. Both of these companies offer courses at a discounted price due to our partnerships. The negotiated prices are noted when you visit the New Horizon’s UW-Madison portal and Directions Training’s State of Wisconsin page.